forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SKIN] css-style
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 20:50:02 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>> as last stylesheet! Like:
>> <link rel="stylesheet" href="{$root}skin/print.css" type="text/css"
>>                 media="print" />
>> <link rel="stylesheet" href="{$root}skin/profile.css" type="text/css" />
>>
>> and the profile is working.
>

> To see if the css is working, just type in the url in the browser and
> see what it gives you.

??? Yeah now it is working (and I did it like you stated to find out)
but only if the dynamc css is called *last*. Which kind of makes sense
because it is the stylesheet which get last read. Saying this the
browser will take up the last e.g. #top that get parsed.

If that is correct, then it's a browser issue.

You mean that it should work the other way around as well? But how does
the browser know which is the overriding css?

thorsten

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>
  <country>Spain</country>
  <@mail>thorsten.at.apache.org</@mail>
  <@cocoon-WIKI>
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Scherler
</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <acronymfinder>
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Find=Find&Acronym=
  </acronymfinder>
  <motto>
    "My task which I am trying to achieve is,
     by the power of the written word,
     [...] to make you see."
     *Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>