forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SKIN] css-style
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2004 11:04:32 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>
>> Hello devs,
>>
>> I made a *DEV-SNAPSHOT* of the css-style skin
>> This can be the all new ;-) css based skin.
>

> I am very happy to hear this :-)
>
> You are already a committer for Forrest, right? Then go ahead, check
> your stuff into the repository so we can all see the evolution, maybe
> help, and easily test it. B-)

I checked it in to SVN Head as css-style-dev. I choosed "-dev" to
identify that is work in progress. Just make an update to see the latest
version for *testing* *only*. ...and feel free to enhance it :).

See the actual snapshot online http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/.
Have a look at the source code, I used some comments to identify the
divs. Hope that makes it easy for everyone to understand the skin ;-).
Thanks to the divs it is very straight forward.

I hope that it is ok that I used the xhtml-css skin as base skin!

King regards
thorsten

Next todos:
- introduce the color profiles feature
This can be tricky, because right now the screen css infos are stored in
  screen.css. I just know how to make the profile working
(forrest.css.xslt) for the page.css. Saying this I would just copy the
screen.css to page.css and add the feature. Maybe somebody can tell me
how to edit the screen.css directly with the forrest.css.xslt instead.
- introduce an enhanced color profiles feature for the new site with
that the style can be even more customized. Font-size, float....
- introduce other features from krysalis.
- ...
--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>
  <country>Spain</country>
  <@mail>thorsten.at.apache.org</@mail>
  <@cocoon-WIKI>
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Scherler
</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <acronymfinder>
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Find=Find&Acronym=
  </acronymfinder>
  <motto>
    "My task which I am trying to achieve is,
     by the power of the written word,
     [...] to make you see."
     *Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>