forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Forrest Project Guidelines
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2004 08:09:02 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Dave Brondsema wrote:
>>
>>>What about this: committers cannot vote, unless
>>>they are a PMC member.  After the committer demonstrates he/she can work
>>>well with us, we can propose they join the PMC.  The only people who stay
>>>"just committers" would be most Lenya & Cocoon committers and
>>>task-oriented committers who don't want to be more involved.
>>>
>>>This keeps the committing roles to 2 instead of 3.
>>
>>This is what I was proposing...
>
> The part that i was stuck with in writing the current
> Guidelines is that we were trying to introduce a role
> that just does their work in the SVN repository and
> does not have a person<AT>apache.org UNIX/mail account.
> So that makes them a different type of committer.

I got a reply on the member mailing list: committers have no binding votes.

Hence I have updated a doc on the main Apache site and I'll be
converting also the voting doc.

Take a look here in the meantime and see how it looks like.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#meritocracy

             - verba volant, scripta manent -