forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] draft Forrest Project Guidelines: Roles and responsibilities
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:17:20 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>Well you Thorsten are in the class of committer (however
>>>we define that role) which belongs on the Forrest PMC.
>>>So just do the normal pmc-subscribe@f.a.o method and then
>>>we will handle the rest, acking you with board@ and adding
>>>you to the committee list.
>>
>>Wait a sec, this is a Cocoon Project decision (to make any committer
>>part of the PMC if he wants to), not of the Forrest Project.
>

> I suppose that i was just assuming that everything was
> like at Cocoon. There all committers can participate on
> the PMC just by joining the list and the acknowledgement.
>
> So sorry, i think that i botched my first assignment as the
> new chair. Too eager, i should have asked Thorsten to wait.

Actually you did!

... but I did not understand that. I was unsure to
* write to that list (cocoon) or
* wait for further instructions

I rushed and wrote to the forrest because I thought cocoon would be a
different PMC!

My fault! I am very sorry about that! Just unsubribe me and if the vote
in the pmc-list is positive let me know (now that I know the address ;-).

BTW I was not aware that the PMC list is a private list! That this is
the place for PMC members *only*. Hope that helps to clear things up! I
should have <acronymfinder>RTFM</acronymfinder> ;-).

__*SORRY*__

king regards
thorsten
--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>
  <country>Spain</country>
  <@mail>thorsten.at.apache.org</@mail>
  <@cocoon-WIKI>
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Scherler
</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <acronymfinder>
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Find=Find&Acronym=
  </acronymfinder>
  <motto>
    "My task which I am trying to achieve is,
     by the power of the written word,
     [...] to make you see."
     *Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>