forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Forrest Project Guidelines
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:56:02 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

> That explanation helped.

:-)

> What about this: committers cannot vote, unless
> they are a PMC member.  After the committer demonstrates he/she can work
> well with us, we can propose they join the PMC.  The only people who stay
> "just committers" would be most Lenya & Cocoon committers and
> task-oriented committers who don't want to be more involved.
>
> This keeps the committing roles to 2 instead of 3.

This is what I was proposing...

I'll have to update the voting doc to reflect this:
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/voting.html

The notion of "developer" is not something we normally use, but that is
defined.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/roles.html

These are users

  - User (that are on the user list)
  - Developer (that are on the dev list,
               we usually still call them users, as our users are
               mostly also developers)

These are committers (*):

  - Committer (non core group)
  - PMC member (core group that can vote)

Then we have a step further that is about greater involvement in Apache:

  - Apache Member
  - Board of Directors
  - Officers

             - verba volant, scripta manent -