forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Does total content-view separation cut it?
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:23:12 GMT
Lorenz Froihofer wrote:
> A page that uses several images to explain some system behaviour (or
> whatever) may depend on some predefined relative positions of the
> graphics for readability. Imagine that some of the images are packages
> of a system and by clicking on an image you can zoom in to the package
> (opens another page).
>
> Without the feature that you can also predefine the layout of a page,
> you would have to use one large image with an image map (which is often
> not desired or acceptable).

Why? Using tables to define the layout is not correct, as tables are not
for layout.

> For such a page you want to ensure that the layout of the page is kept
> the same for different skins (the relative position of the images should
> not be altered).

What you could do is to add a class attribute to the images and use the
extra-css section to specify their position.

In any case, the image thing has come up in my company, where it's not
acceptable that one cannot put images on the side of the document with
text flowing on it's edge. I'm not sure how to tackle this.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -