forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Forrest Project Guidelines
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:16:19 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:

> (from the perspective of being just a 'user'--I think--at this point :-))

> I concur with Nicola Ken Barozzi. A non-voting committer doesn't make
> sense to me. To me it's not unlike having a soldier in the military with
> a 'license' to kill, but who can't legally drink (in U.S.A. you can join
> the military at 18, but you can't legally drink until you are 21).

In fact I meant the opposite, but I've not been clear, sorry.

The fact is that having commit access does not mean that you can
necessarily vote. Having commit access is not a license to kill, as we
can easily revert changes. It's just like getting into the camp, and be
able to work there, but without taking long-term decisions.

Note that usual decisions should take place without the tedious process
of formal votes if possible.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -