forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Skins] whs/lenya skin for 0.7
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 07:15:54 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>> [...]
>> Excellent.
>>
>> In any case, there is no real need to necessarily use the whs skin,
>> it's just that I like the look of it and the fact that it's available
>> as an example.
>
> Did you tested the whs skin for current SVN?

Nope.

> I did not got it work
> without rewriting the half of it. I like the look as well.
>
> So I see two options:
> 1) try to bring whs and/or lenya to actual trunk.
> 2) Create a new one based on krysalis and instead of tables use just div
> (more or less what I tried with the lenya one)
>
> Since krysalis is the most well developed one I prefer 2). ...or do you
> have a whs-0.6-dev.zip? For refactoring it would help to see a working
> skin ;-). I will let me as well inspire by http://www.csszengarden.com/.

What can I say... go ahead as you prefer! :-)

>>> I did some small design changes on the krysalis-site and it took me
>>> hours with any aceptable result.
>>
>> This is not nice :-/  Where in particular did you have problems?
>
> Have a look of the tab-select menu. There is no bottom border.
>
> When I add &#160; and a new css element (test {border-bottom: 1px;})
> into the <td/> there will be a bottom border but no border bottom left
> and bottom right! Please compare
> http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba2/. That is the reason why I
> droped the idea of the border bottom because it was not really a nice
> enhancement of the krysalis site.
>
> If you have an idea how to have border there I really would love to try
> that and if it is working committe it back.

That part of the skin has been giving me headaches since I changed it
for using CSS round corners. I simplified it but the results, with a
border, are not nice.

I think that ATM the fastest way to have it is to insert (another!)
table inside the bottom td and put a border on the bottom of it.

>> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-182
>>
>> Please feel free to add comments to this issue with ideas,
>> suggestions, proceedings and notes.
>>
>> It's now slated for 0.8 as it's not core for us ATM, but if you are
>> willing to work on it, there is no reason whatsoever for us not to put
>> it in 0.7 :-)
>>
> Yeah that would be a good starting point. I will add my ideas to
> FOR-182. I am willing to bring it in the 0.7 release. IMO the experience
> that I will make I can apply for a skin concept for lenya.

If this can bring Forrest and Lenya nearer I'm even more happy :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -