forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: ForrestDoc Documentation (was Re: forrest subprojects)
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:06:32 GMT
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Clay Leeds wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2004, at 7:13 PM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > This email is sparked both by Ross's eclipse plugin and a small one
> > which I might write to work with the IBM contribution [1] to the new
> > eclipse webtools project [2].  (it looks really cool).
> >
> > That said, we have these plugins, forrestbar, forrestdoc,
> > forrestlogos, even forrestbot (and its webapp), which are not directly
> > dependent on forrest.  I think it would be good to keep these
> > completely seperate. They can have seperate releases and should be
> > stored seperately in SVN.   Some (like forrestdoc) may become
> > integrated as part of forrest and then should not be seperate.  An
> > important use-case I can think of right now is to be able to release
> > new versions of a plugin/tool independent of forrest.
> >
> > What do you all think?
> >
> > [1] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/initial-contribution/ibm.zip
> > [2] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/index.html
>
> Is there a place on <http://forrest.apache.org/> with documentation on
> ForrestDoc? I've searched, but can found only 3 links, none with
> 'proper' documentation. The best link I've found. This is the best
> link[1] I found, but it doesn't have much information.

Forrest doc was previously http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria/

We adopted it a while ago and haven't done much work on it.  The source
will be your best documentation.

> BTW, the links to ForrestBar XPI aren't working correctly in my
> environment (Mozilla 1.7 & Firefox 0.91 on Mac OS X 10.3.4). The
> installer link doesn't work correctly (attempts to install, but does
> not complete), and this link[2] gives me an error:

We should host the .xpi file ourself, if we can get ahold of it :-)

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal