forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject reserved filenames (was user@: lucene search)
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:12:47 GMT

Bringing this over from user@ and changing to the topic.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, David Crossley wrote:

> Johannes Schäfer wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> > >
> > > It sounds like a default sitemap match is getting in your way.
> > > Do the cocoon logfiles reveal anything?
> > > build/webapp/WEB-INF/logs/
> >
> > Yes, I forgot about regexp matches; renaming the
> > beast to "visuals.xml" works. Thanks!
> >
> > It looks like images.xml conflicts with the images/
> > directory used for images. Is this a bug or a feature?!
>
> A bug. The sitemap should be smarter than that.

We should list any "reserved" filenames.  Here we see that images is one,
or at least it is one currently.  Also "changes", "todo", "skinconf",
"forrest-issues" and some "community/" matchers exist in the sitemap.  We
should document these.  And eventually move the ones specific to the
forrest website into a custom sitemap; and maybe make it configurable so
people can use a real todo.xml if they want instead of having it come from
the status.xml.

WDYT?

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net