forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: include a document but not show in menu
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:50:47 GMT
On Jul 20, 2004, at 3:35 AM, David Crossley wrote:
> I was missing it - using the Cocoon cli.xconf incorrectly.
> All that is needed to do was to add a <uri> element.
> That is the appropriate way to process any additional
> non-linked files.

Does an example of this exist on the web site?  Not just an
explanation, but a clear example :-D. As I understand it, to add a page
that is not linked from the navigation structure:

How do I(tm) add a file/page to a Forrest web site without linking it
from navigation?
1. Add a file to the src/documentation/xdocs/path/example.html
2. In the page which links it, add a URI/link to
src/documentation/xdocs/path/example.html
3. There is no step 3

It might also be nice to be able to add it in such a way, and still
have it linkable from a Site Map (which leads me to the question: Can
Forrest build a Site Map? I don't think I've ever seen one built with
Forrest.)

Cheers,

Web Maestro Clay