forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Using Eclipse with Forrest
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:17:35 GMT
On Jul 15, 2004, at 10:48 AM, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> I have managed to activate validation with DTD with the XMLBuddy for
> *single* DTD's:
>
> given e.g.
> <!DOCTYPE tabs PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Cocoon Documentation Tab
> V1.1//EN" "http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/tab-cocoon-v11.dtd">
>
> Goto: Preferences-XMLBuddy-XML-Validation-DTD-New
> Root name: tabs
> PUBLIC id: -//APACHE//DTD Cocoon Documentation Tab V1.1//EN
> SYSTEM id: http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/tab-cocoon-v11.dtd

Thanks! It appears to work well in Eclipse 3.0!

> The only thing that kind of sucks is that you have to do it all the
> time for each DOCTYPE. Trying to say I have not managed to use the
> Catalog approach. Another drawback is that for me it is only working
> with SYSTEM ids that have a "http://" system id. To end up the list of
> drawbacks: the buddy seems to work only in 2.1.x versions of eclipse
> :(.

As I indicate above, it works well in Eclipse 3.0. Excellent! I've been
looking for a way to get this functionality to work.

> BTW oxygen looks nice in 3.0 but paying for a plugin it's not my beer!
> ...and you know we germans normally like beer ;-).

oXygen looks like a great tool. I haven't used it much, but it looks
nice. I really like that it's cross-platform, and works with my
platform of choice (Mac OS X).

> HTH
> thorsten
>> Web Maestro Clay
>> [1]
>> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/catalog.html

It certainly did help! Thanks! I'll look forward to seeing the updated
Forrest Catalog page. :-D

Web Maestro Clay