forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject ForrestDoc Documentation (was Re: forrest subprojects)
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:14:52 GMT
On Jul 26, 2004, at 7:13 PM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> This email is sparked both by Ross's eclipse plugin and a small one
> which I might write to work with the IBM contribution [1] to the new
> eclipse webtools project [2].  (it looks really cool).
>
> That said, we have these plugins, forrestbar, forrestdoc,
> forrestlogos, even forrestbot (and its webapp), which are not directly
> dependent on forrest.  I think it would be good to keep these
> completely seperate. They can have seperate releases and should be
> stored seperately in SVN.   Some (like forrestdoc) may become
> integrated as part of forrest and then should not be seperate.  An
> important use-case I can think of right now is to be able to release
> new versions of a plugin/tool independent of forrest.
>
> What do you all think?
>
> [1] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/initial-contribution/ibm.zip
> [2] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/index.html

Is there a place on <http://forrest.apache.org/> with documentation on
ForrestDoc? I've searched, but can found only 3 links, none with
'proper' documentation. The best link I've found. This is the best
link[1] I found, but it doesn't have much information.

BTW, the links to ForrestBar XPI aren't working correctly in my
environment (Mozilla 1.7 & Firefox 0.91 on Mac OS X 10.3.4). The
installer link doesn't work correctly (attempts to install, but does
not complete), and this link[2] gives me an error:

> ERROR
>
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>
> While trying to retrieve the URL:
> http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jars/xml-forrest/jars/
> forrestbar.xpi
>
> The following error was encountered:
> 	• 	 Connection Failed
>
>  The system returned:
>     (111) Connection refused
>
>  The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Web Maestro Clay

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/forrestdoc/

[2]