forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Forrest commands (was Re: Forrest skins)
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:51:20 GMT
On Jul 11, 2004, at 4:54 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> This error is also discovered using a simple xml well-formedness
> test ... xmllint --noout clay-sitemap.xmap

[OT] I'd heard of using lint as a tool for validation, but never tried
it before. So in trying to resolve my forrest BUILD problems, I thought
I'd give xmllint a shot. Realizing that my Mac OS X box has its bases
in Unix, I did a 'locate xmllint' and lo-and-behold, it was listed!
Nifty!

> You can also use Forrest's own validation facilities ...
> 'forrest validate-sitemap'

(the main reason for this post & its change in SUBJECT)
I could not find 'validate-sitemap' listed anywhere (site, /forrest
-projecthelp)... Is there a place where these types of commands are
listed. I suspect it would be a boon to users--especially so-called
power-users! I did a Google search[1] and found a few links, of which
this[2] seems the most relevant (if a bit aged).

> --
> David Crossley

[1] Google Search: "validate-sitemap"
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF
-8&safe=off&q=%22validate-sitemap%22&btnG=Search

[2] forrest.cent version 0.2.0-dev-20021224
http://krysalis.org/cents/test/cents/forrest/