forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: docv12txt.xsl
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:34:34 GMT
Rick Tessner wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 05:59, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>I recently found the need to create a stylesheet to convert xdocs to
>>text. It's not quite fully complete, in particular tables are not too
>>well represented at present (I don't need them in my use case at present).
>>
>>I've copied the output of http://127.0.0.1:8888/document-v12.txt using
>>this stylesheet below. Would this be of use in CVS?
>

> I'm finding that I have a similiar need at the moment as well.  I'm
> working on a document2pod XSL.
>
> It doesn't look like your docv12txt.xsl was committed to CVS (now SVN)
> at all.  Would it be possible for it to be committed?

The problem is that it includes a small amount of code from another
source that does not publish its licensing terms. I have, via their mail
lists, asked if I can use the code over here but they appear to be dead.

However, if you take a look at
http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-125 you
will see an issue has been raised and Dave Brondsema has attached a
patch to use the FOPSerializer to output text. I've not looked at it
myself and the FOP folk say it needs improvement (see
http://xml.apache.org/fop/output.html#txt).

At some point I will need to find a solution for this that I can share,
but I'm afraid it is not a major itch for me right now.

Ross