forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Is DTD v2.0a still moving towards XHTML?
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:23:29 GMT
Some time ago we decided that our intermediate format would migrate to a
subset of XHTML2. Now I don't want to open that debate again (we've done
it twice and all the arguments and decisions are there in the archives),
but I do have a question regarding this.

In XHTML2 it is legal to have a section without a title. We had a hard
time working out when this might be useful, however, I now have a use case.

I have a skin that needs to group two sections together, one is a slide
and one is the text that goes with this slide. I therefore use:

<section>
   <section class="slide">
     <title>Slide 1</title>
   </section>
   <section>
     <title>Description of Slide1</title>
   </section>
<section>

So, my question is. Are there any objections to me making this possible
in v2.0a?

Ross