forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Eclipse plugin in scratchpad
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 00:00:13 GMT
I have committed the eclipse plugin to the scratchpad area. It is rough,
but a start. Areas in need of immediate improvement:

- initialise FORREST_HOME preference from FORREST_HOME env variable
where possible

- remove need for WORKING_DIRECTORY preference by using project home
from eclipse

- better icons

- provide a command to build a site

Most of these are are simple things to do.

At the Burrokeet project (http://www.burrokeet.org) we also have a
plugin that creates a browser view using the native browser from the
current platform. This isn't really anything more than one of the demo's
provided by the Eclipse project, but it does allow for in place viewing
of the Forrest generated site.

Would it be a good idea for me to put this code into the Forrest plugin
as well?

Ross