forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] forrestbot at apache.org
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 02:49:27 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
>>>Apache infrastructure
>>>---------------------
>>>When we know what we want, we need to request that the
>>>infrastructure@ list enables it. It would be best to
>>>provide some human resources to assist.
>>>
>>>There are new machines becoming available for various
>>>purposes. In fact when i went to look at the list, i saw
>>>that forrestbot was already mentioned.
>>>http://www.apache.org/dev/proposed-machines.html
>>
>>Cron jobs for running forrestbot can be set up on any machine.
>>The web interface should have a nice URL though. Here's a few ideas:
>>
>>forrestbot.apache.org
>>bot.forrest.apache.org
>>forrest.apache.org/forrestbot
>>
>>The first two might conflict with existing subdomain policies.
>

> The issue is that there are no dynamic applications
> running on the machine which hosts the webservers for
> each project:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/machines.html#minotaur
> So that means that a forrestbot web interface cannot run
> on forrest.apache.org and would need to run on one of the
> other new machines.

If we wanted it, couldn't we request it?  Tomcat behind an Apache
mod_jk2 connector would work fine.

I'd also be content with something like forrestbot.apache.org on nagoya.

Should we see what infrastructure thinks?  I'm sure they'd have an
opinion about what'd work best.  I'll work on a requirements list, we
need that anyway.

Would you guys like to see a demo of what the new webapp looks like?

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming