forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject forrest subprojects
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 02:13:35 GMT

This email is sparked both by Ross's eclipse plugin and a small one
which I might write to work with the IBM contribution [1] to the new
eclipse webtools project [2].  (it looks really cool).

That said, we have these plugins, forrestbar, forrestdoc, forrestlogos,
even forrestbot (and its webapp), which are not directly dependent on
forrest.  I think it would be good to keep these completely seperate.
They can have seperate releases and should be stored seperately in SVN.
   Some (like forrestdoc) may become integrated as part of forrest and
then should not be seperate.  An important use-case I can think of right
now is to be able to release new versions of a plugin/tool independent
of forrest.

What do you all think?

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/initial-contribution/ibm.zip
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/index.html