forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse plugin
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:38:30 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>>> As part of our work over at the Burrokeet project
>>> (http://www.burrokeet.org) we have built a basic (and pretty rough)
>>> Eclipse plugin for Forrest. At present it allows you to start and
>>> stop a running version of Forrest from within Eclipse, it will also
>>> shortly allow the site to be built.

<snip/>

> If this is instead something that you have done on paid work and/or with
> other people, we need signed grants from them and from the firm that it
> was made for. Our chair or any willing Incubator member can register in
> the Incubator the recieving of the work.

The work is funded by IBM, but I am not contracted to them - essentially
I can do what I want with the cash they provided and they own no rights
to the outputs (kudos to IBM for having such an arrangement). The actual
work was done by someone employed by me. Copyright is assigned to me.  I
think that means I can just go ahead an commit, is that right?

Ross