forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [css-style] naming convensions - our css contracts
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:24:27 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> I am preparing a proposal for OSCOM 4
> (http://oscom.org/events/oscom4/rfp).
>
> It will be a practical proposal for a cms skin based on standard naming
> convensions for cms-systems. Basicly I want to talk about :
>
> 1. Why naming convensions? What are naming convensions?
> 2. How to implement them? What could be a basic standard for naming
> convensions?
> 3. Example implementations

As a general note, I have thought about similar ideas so I could unite
the various parts of my webpage.  Specifically, a weblog (currently
MovableType, but that may change), a photo gallery (gallery.sf.net), and
a main content section (currently custom, but may switch to forrest in
the future).  There are dozens of other CMS and CMS-like web
"applications" that could visually integrate if one stylesheet could be
applied to all of them.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming