forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 22274 - in forrest/trunk/src/core/context: resources/schema/dtd skins/common skins/common/xslt/html skins/krysalis-site skins/krysalis-site/css skins/krysalis-site/xslt/html
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 10:18:28 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Dave Brondsema escribió:
>
>> thorsten@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> Author: thorsten
>>> Date: Tue Jun 29 13:22:31 2004
>>> New Revision: 22274
>>>
>>> Modified:
>>>
>>> forrest/trunk/src/core/context/resources/schema/dtd/skinconfig-v06-2.dtd
>>>

>>  From a theoretical purist perspective, DTDs should never change; we
>> should make a new file for each version.  Practically, it doesn't
>> matter much when optional parts are added, so don't worry about
>> fixing it this time.  But in the future you should create
>> skinconfig-v06-3.dtd.  And then update references to it in the
>> appropriate places:
>>

> SVN is good on keeping version number, I do not see why we need to do
> this by hand.
>
> I think that we should not do it in this way. Should we vote this?

I can understand Cheche on that. I think it would be suffient to version
just the focused release.

e.g. I hope to finish up the css-style skin *before* we release 0.6. I
would then extend only the skinconfig-v06.dtd. If we focus the release
0.7. I would add all the changes that I need for 0.7 to the
skinconfig-v07.dtd.

...but I do not see the need to further destinguish between
skinconfig-v06-3.dtd / skinconfig-v06-4.dtd. Another thing is when do I
have to open up a new subversion? As soon as I modify the dtd? If so
what happen if I have to introduce a couple of new elements to the dtd,
should I create a new subversion for each new element.

I reckon before the release we have to merge this version anyway to
skinconfig-v06.dtd, or not? Like Cheche stated we are using SVN so why
not let SVN do the /dirty work/ of (sub)versioning.

King regards
thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información S.A.U.