forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 22274 - in forrest/trunk/src/core/context: resources/schema/dtd skins/common skins/common/xslt/html skins/krysalis-site skins/krysalis-site/css skins/krysalis-site/xslt/html
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 06:24:25 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

> thorsten@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: thorsten
>> Date: Tue Jun 29 13:22:31 2004
>> New Revision: 22274
>>
>> Modified:
>>
>> forrest/trunk/src/core/context/resources/schema/dtd/skinconfig-v06-2.dtd
>

> From a theoretical purist perspective, DTDs should never change; we
> should make a new file for each version.

Ok, I did not know! I was thinking why I was editing the
skinconfig-v06-2.dtd and not v06 ;-).

> Practically, it doesn't matter much when optional parts are added, so
> don't worry about fixing it this time.  But in the future you should
> create skinconfig-v06-3.dtd.  And then update references to it in the
> appropriate places:
>
> src/core/context/resources/schema/catalog.xcat
> src/core/context/resources/schema/catalog
> src/core/fresh-site/src/documentation/skinconf.xml
> src/documentation/skinconf.xml

Ok, I will keep that in mind for the next time!

Thanks for the feedback :).

thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la InformaciĆ³n S.A.U.