forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Forrest skins (repository, build errors, testing, etc.)
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:41:39 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Clay Leeds wrote:
>

> [...]
>
>>On a related note, I've currently got the whs & xhtml-css skins (I
>>think I got them by following the forrest-dev list some time ago[3] &
>>[4]). Unfortunately, when I try to use these two skins, I get BUILD
>>FAILED errors I don't get with forrest-site. These errors are probably
>>related to skinconf problems though...
>>

>Any skins that were made a while ago, will probably need
>attention. See the message in the Forrest changes:
>http://forrest.apache.org/changes.html
>... grep that page for "Rick Tessner".

Jupp, most 0.5 skins need some rewritting regarding 0.6.

I did not had any luck either in installing whs-0.5. The problem is
http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-146
described by Rick.

Due to the fact it is not (yet) part of the official dis I did not try
to fix the issues in WHS but rather used the krysalis-site skin for lenya.

>>Finally, my offer of testing site skins[5] still stands... I just need
>>links to pages to test...
>>

>Great. I remember that that thread stirred a lot of interest.
>
>Testing would be real good. Also we have not updated our
>compliance page in a while: maybe some to add, some to remove.
>/docs/compliance.html
>
>Thorsten, there are also lots of links in [5] to the work you
>are keen on - getting rid of table-based layout.

[5] states
 > I've updated the skin (tentatively renamed to "xhtml-css") that adds
 > the most obvious missing features back in and some bug-fixes
...so more or less "whs.0.5.zip + updates + bugfixes =
xhtml-css-0.5.zip", right?

I just downloaded the xhtml-css-0.5.zip to have a look.

If I manage to get it working ;-) I will upload a sample page to a test
server.
So Web Maestro Clay :) can have a look. As soon as I am finished I will
post the link.

If it is working I would introduce the custom-color to it and use that
as basis for the zengarden-based-skin. I just have to change some <div
class=""> elements afterwards. Maybe I can make this changes (class="")
customizable via skinconf.xml. So the user can change the div names on
the fly and imitate different standard-xhtml-output formats.

King regards
thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la InformaciĆ³n S.A.U.