forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwakergu...@gmail.com>
Subject intelligent file update
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 06:27:22 GMT
Most of the time when I regenerate a site, only a few source files
have changed. However, forrest does not discriminate between updated
and non-updated files (I mean, just looking at the last modified
timestamp or maybe checksum type of thing). Consequently, at the time
of deploying using forrestbot, all files get updated and deployed.
This is fine for local deployment, however over scp this becomes a
pain, especially since I have some packaged jar/tar files which are
*never* going to change.

Can some kind of intelligent file updation be built into forrest? Just
based on last modified timestamp perhaps?
--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker