forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Lechique <lechi...@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject Re[2]: using site: URIs with OpenOffice
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2004 12:29:46 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Lechique found a work-around:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=108258457825408&w=2

Shame on me - there is a problem with this work-around. After saving
sxw according to this work-around everything is OK and Forrest
transforms e.g. 'site:todo'. The problem is with Open Office - when
you try to open this sxw in Open Office once more, OOo automatically
transforms our indirect linking adding path to the file. So instead of:
'site:todo' in hyperlink, we will get '[path_to_the_file]site:todo'. I
can't find the way to stop OOF from adding this to hyperlinks. There
was no answer to my question about this OOo behaviour on the
OOo forum.

In other words this work-around is a crap and the issue is still open.

Best regards.
Lechique

--
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.