forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: jtidy integration
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 02:14:07 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> Is there jtidy integration with forrest? I can see jtidy at a lot of
> places in the sources, however I don't know where to look for to
> activate it.
> Any pointers?

I do not know either, so i will help us to help ourselves.
Perhaps the guys in Europe can give other ideas when the
world turns that far.

(Please indulge me while we do another development lesson.
I have edited some of the output from 'find' and there
is one interesting .jar match that i snipped for brevity.)

More discussion below (and there is an answer to the issue) ...

[localhost home]$ cd $FORREST
[localhost forrest]$
find . -type f | xargs grep -i jtidy | grep -v "\.svn"

Use this instead if you want JTidy to clean up your HTML

<include name=""/>

ihtml now works again. Had to add a jtidy configuration
that prevented it to output

Item 1 and Item 2 indicate that you can configure Jtidy.

Item 3 sounds promising. Ah, it even provides the sitemap
snippet to turn it on. Currently it is doing a map:read
of the raw html, but you can do a map:generate which
i presume invokes Jtidy. Check the other sitemaps at
Items 1 and 2. (Might need to go to the Cocoon doco
to find out more.)

Item 5 shows that thankfully one of the developers
added a description to their patch and, importantly,
to the status.xml files. Next, or maybe before all this,
look at the local changes file from the forrest docs
via localhost:8888/changes.html or file:/// to static docs
or the forrest website. Use browser "find in page" function.

Oops, sounds like it was switched off to work around a bug.
Better go to the Issue tracker to find any existing issues.
If you can add any notes or create an issue then please do.

[localhost forrest]$ svn log status.xml | grep -i jtidy
... gets a hit. So better look at it properly. The log
entry shows the date that changes were made to Jtidy.
There might be something in the email archives.

I hope that helps everybody. Obviously we need an FAQ about
using Jtidy, but there isn't yet one, so this is the usual
development process to go through.

David Crossley

View raw message