forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@onnadayr.ca>
Subject [patch] + Notes (was: Re: [issues] Closed: (FOR-174) Have @class attribute in DTD for every tag)
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:03:47 GMT
On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 19:23, David Crossley wrote:
> Rick Tessner wrote:
> > If you want some notes on the lack of forward-compat of v1.2/1.3 to
> > v2.0, let me know and I'll put something together.
>
> Yes please, some dot points would be sufficient.
> Perhaps we would add them to the upgrading_06 docs.

Below are the notes on the changes between V1.2 & V1.3, V2.0a & V2.0 and
finally between V1.3 & V2.0.

In addition, I found a problem with the v20/document-v20.mod.  Patch
attached.  The problem was that I'd inadvertently added back the link,
jump and fork elements in addition to the <a> element in v2.0.  This

Changes from V1.2 to V1.3
=========================

document      - Addition of class attribute all elements
faq           - Addition of class attribute all elements
changes       - Addition of class attribute all elements
howto         - Addition of class attribute all elements
todo          - Addition of class attribute all elements

Changes from V2.0a to V2.0
==========================

document      - Addition of class attribute, all elements
              - Addition of label attribute to note and
                warning elements (consistent with v1.2/1.3)
faq           - Class attribute, all elements
changes       - New DTD
howto         - New DTD
todo          - New DTD

Changes from V1.3 to V2.0
=========================

document      - Renamed <link> to <a>
              - Removed <fork> and <jump>.  If desired,
                that functionality can be handled via
                the use of the class attribute on <a>.
faq           - Renamed <part> to <faqsection>
              - @title attribute on <faqs> is now a nested
                <title> element
              - Same changes as in document between 1.3 and 2.0
changes       - Same changes as in document between 1.3 and 2.0
howto         - Same changes as in document between 1.3 and 2.0
todo          - Same changes as in document between 1.3 and 2.0

--
Rick Tessner <rick@onnadayr.ca>