forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] forrestbot at apache.org
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 02:20:21 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> <snip/>
> > It is the concern of some other process to take it into
> > production onto *.apache.org websites, though perhaps
> > forrestbot can do that part too.
>
> Yep it can, if they want it to.

I was trying to keep those concerns separate at this stage.
However, on second thought, we should probably present the
whole plan up front, because that may dictate which machine
it runs on.

> > Apache infrastructure
> > ---------------------
> > When we know what we want, we need to request that the
> > infrastructure@ list enables it. It would be best to
> > provide some human resources to assist.
> >
> > There are new machines becoming available for various
> > purposes. In fact when i went to look at the list, i saw
> > that forrestbot was already mentioned.
> > http://www.apache.org/dev/proposed-machines.html
>
> Cron jobs for running forrestbot can be set up on any machine.
> The web interface should have a nice URL though. Here's a few ideas:
>
> forrestbot.apache.org
> bot.forrest.apache.org
> forrest.apache.org/forrestbot
>
> The first two might conflict with existing subdomain policies.

The issue is that there are no dynamic applications
running on the machine which hosts the webservers for
each project:
http://www.apache.org/dev/machines.html#minotaur
So that means that a forrestbot web interface cannot run
on forrest.apache.org and would need to run on one of the
other new machines.

--
David Crossley