forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse plugin
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:41:34 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> <snip/>
>
> > If this is instead something that you have done on paid work and/or with
> > other people, we need signed grants from them and from the firm that it
> > was made for. Our chair or any willing Incubator member can register in
> > the Incubator the recieving of the work.
>
> The work is funded by IBM, but I am not contracted to them - essentially
> I can do what I want with the cash they provided and they own no rights
> to the outputs (kudos to IBM for having such an arrangement). The actual
> work was done by someone employed by me. Copyright is assigned to me.  I
> think that means I can just go ahead an commit, is that right?

Okay, that is clear that you own the stuff and that it can
be contributed under your existing Apache Contributor License
Agreeement (CLA).

Before you commit it, make sure that you remove any existing
author tags (i saw one when i looked through the code that you
referred us to). Add the standard Apache license header to
each file. Are the mini icons also yours?

--
David Crossley