forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject [Proposal] forrestbot at
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:22:11 GMT
We should have some forrestbots running on Apache machines.

They can serve various purposes ...

Self testing of forrest and forrestbot
The head version of forrestbot would run against a well-known
stable version of a testing site. This would immediately
reveal any Forrest development errors to us.

Production of some Apache project documentation
A "stable" version of forrestbot which produces any project
website into a staging area. Perhaps this can done for a
specified SVN revision of the docs or for the head version.

It is the concern of some other process to take it into
production onto * websites, though perhaps
forrestbot can do that part too.

Apache infrastructure
When we know what we want, we need to request that the
infrastructure@ list enables it. It would be best to
provide some human resources to assist.

There are new machines becoming available for various
purposes. In fact when i went to look at the list, i saw
that forrestbot was already mentioned.

Current situation
We need to move as quickly as possible to rectify the
old forrestbot version-0.5 at

This is still building the old version of our xml-forrest
CVS repository, hence old content is being published.

Our home page and various other pages refer to it,
as a demonstration of our technology.

Users are being confused. They think that it is our
current website docs too.

David Crossley

View raw message