forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: xml-fop Build Failed (was Re: Forrest skins...)
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:51:35 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> I am sure there are more pressing issues (release schedules and such)
> than my little problems building xml-fop. ;-).

Well no. Issues from people who are bravely using the
bleeding edge are on the agenda.

> I may have inadvertently side-tracked my own issue, as I asked a
> related question in a thread without completely resolving my primary issue.

Yes, that is why i am always trying to encourage people
to use separate topics with well-defined Subject lines.
Otherwise stuff gets overlooked.

But sorry, mine were the last comments in [2] and i dropped
it for a while. Back now.

> I ZIP'd the following
> xml-fop files for access:, sitemap-0.5.xmap,
> sitemap.xmap, site.xml
> And my last POST on the subject "Re: Forrest skins (repository, build
> errors, testing, etc.)"[2]
> I'm happy to wait a bit, if that's what's necessary.
> Web Maestro Clay
> [1]
> [2]

A few notes ...

In you only need to un-comment entries
if you are going to change them to something different.

Let us concentrate on the 0.6 issues for now.

I did a diff between your sitemap.xmap and the current
src/core/context/sitemap.xmap and there are vast differences.
Now that may be because i had to do mac2unix on yours, but
i don't think so. If it is so, then please provide a diff.

I see your comment markers for "FOP Additions" but there seem
to be many other additions as well. It looks like a very old
sitemap to me.

I suggest that you move your sitemap.xmap to sitemap.xmap.bak
and get a fresh copy of src/core/context/sitemap.xmap and add
your additions.

Are you aware of issues FOR-202 and FOR-198? However, i see
by your build messages that you have not yet reached that stage.

David Crossley

View raw message