forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: include a document but not show in menu
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:03:43 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> > I must be missing it. Would someone show me how to
> > include a document in the processing, but not listed
> > in the left-hand navigation panel and not have a link
> > to it in any other page.
> >
> > We need to get the "mirrors.html" page generated but
> > not linked to. It is an extra page that needs to be
> > generated into the home directory.
> >
> > Tried using cli.xconf to specify a file to be included,
> > but that caused errors (will go back and investigate).
> >
> > Anyway, i found a workaround which adds an invisible
> > link in index.html as below.
> I was missing it - using the Cocoon cli.xconf incorrectly.
> All that is needed to do was to add a <uri> element.
> That is the appropriate way to process any additional
> non-linked files.

Uh'oh ... i busted the build.

(hey Thorsten, LOL ... we can use me now to "learn by example".)

The addition of the <uri>mirrors.html</uri> to the
main cli.xconf file, means that for every project
that gets built on my system, the default config injects
that uri into their build too.

I should have run 'build test' before commit.

David Crossley

View raw message