forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] what can happen during feature freeze
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 02:41:51 GMT
(Again use a situation as an example to develop our procedures.)

Thorsten Scherler wrote:
(Re: FOR-220: Include the pdf-tab.xmap as standard feature)
> I know it is feature freeze, but I reckon it would be a
> good idea to include this feature in 0.6!
>
> Have a look at the how-to it is pretty straight forward
> and _screams_  for being a standard feature ;-).
>
> We would have to include the pdf-tab.xmap and add the
> match in the sitemap.xmap. That's it!

If that is really all, then it seems that this does not
risk introducing more issues.

(Also add a demo to "seed site" and then run 'build test'.)

If you have the energy, then i would say do it. There is
still time to retract before release if it doesn't work out.

By the way, i think that you have done the correct thing
by asking the list.

This should be our procedure during a feature freeze:

* Adding or changing documentation is okay.

* Fixing bugs is okay, but being careful to add/run
tests to ensure that it doesn't break other stuff.

* Concentrate on closing issues for the imminent release.

* Adding new things that we are sure will not introduce
new issues. However, ask the dev list.

--
David Crossley