forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] How to maintain status.xml
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 14:26:51 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> I just wondered whether we have guidelines to maintain the status.xml? I
> could not found anything at: http://forrest.apache.org/contrib.html
>
> New entries go into the top after:
>
>      <release version="0.6-dev" date="unreleased">
>        <action dev="DC" type="add" context="docs">
>        <!-- Please keep this action at the top -->
>          Added new document to facilitate
>          <link href="site:upgrading_06">upgrading to v0.6</link>
>        </action>
> <!-- in lifo order -->
> <new/>

The best thing is just to follow examples of other entries.

The @type attribute causes the issues to be sorted into groups
on the changes.html page.

If there is a contributor, then add their name in the
@due-to attribute. They should also be acknowledged in
the 'svn commit' message when their files were committed.

We never put their email address in plain text, only in the
@due-to-email attribute which will get obfuscated. Sometimes
we don't even show their email address at all.

Add the issue number in the @fixes-bug attribute.

You are right though, we do need some written guidelines.

--
David Crossley