forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject svn usage habits (Was: svn commit: rev 22666)
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 06:37:18 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Author: thorsten
> > Added: forrest/trunk/src/core/context/skins/common/scripts/getBlank.js
> > \ No newline at end of file
>
> I added the props in my svn-config that david gave me  but as soon
> as I add a new file I get that!

The two things are not related. The missing newline issue
seems to be another M$ peculiarity.

This commit still does not have the eol-style property set.
By the way, i do not yet use that config file. I just set
properties by hand whenever i add a new file.

> How can I prevend that? I mean how can I add a newline at end of file?

I don't know. On UNIX when i convert something that comes from M$
then i always need to open and close the file with vi, that fixes
the missing newline issue.

(I wonder how much wasted time they have inflicted on the world.)

> Sorry, for the extra work of dos2unix all my new files ...and the the
> /stupid questions/!
>
> ...but at least I am aware that I have a problem (that is a start) ;-).

We need to persist and get these things solved, otherwise
it creates work down the track.

--
David Crossley