forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] draft Forrest Project Guidelines: Roles and responsibilities
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:25:46 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> ... but I did not understand that. I was unsure to
> * write to that list (cocoon) or
> * wait for further instructions
> I rushed and wrote to the forrest because I thought cocoon would be a
> different PMC!

Cocoon PMC is another PMC.

> My fault! I am very sorry about that! Just unsubribe me and if the vote
> in the pmc-list is positive let me know (now that I know the address ;-).

Just hold on. We will get around to a vote soon and formalise
the matter. We know that you are committed.

> BTW I was not aware that the PMC list is a private list! That this is
> the place for PMC members *only*. Hope that helps to clear things up! I
> should have <acronymfinder>RTFM</acronymfinder> ;-).

It is private, so that it can be used if a vital situation
arises. As we have said before, all discussion happens on the
dev list. We actually have not needed to use the pmc list yet.

> __*SORRY*__

No need to be. You were just caught up in the
development of the guidelines - a difficult phase.
I think it was good that it happened. Action was
spurred across all ASF to get the roles and voting
docs to be more consistent.

David Crossley

View raw message