forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] draft Forrest Project Guidelines: Roles and responsibilities
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:16:53 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Well you Thorsten are in the class of committer (however
> > we define that role) which belongs on the Forrest PMC.
> > So just do the normal pmc-subscribe@f.a.o method and then
> > we will handle the rest, acking you with board@ and adding
> > you to the committee list.
>
> Wait a sec, this is a Cocoon Project decision (to make any committer
> part of the PMC if he wants to), not of the Forrest Project.

I suppose that i was just assuming that everything was
like at Cocoon. There all committers can participate on
the PMC just by joining the list and the acknowledgement.

So sorry, i think that i botched my first assignment as the
new chair. Too eager, i should have asked Thorsten to wait.

I was frustrated too by the lack of progress on the guidelines.
Anyway, it is a good thing - it has sparked.

> Not that I would not want Thorsten in, but I would prefer we
> had a vote on this on our private PMC list.

Well we will need to talk about that procedure, hopefully ASF-wide.

--
David Crossley