forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Skins] whs/lenya skin for 0.7
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 06:41:47 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> I finished the first version of the lenya skin based on krysalis-site
> skin. So we just have to change some color setting in the skinconf.xml
> of the documentation.
>
> Check the result under http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/proposal/.

:-)

> I know it is not perfect but we switched form div to table-style design.
>
> The plans on forrest are to maintain only two skins for 0.6. We want to
> introduce a new third skin "whs" that is based on div-style design for 0.7.
>
> The plan would be to help building the "whs/lenya" skin and go back to
> divs in the lenya-site. We could use the old lenya-site and the whs skin
> to build the div-style skin. That would help leveraging both projects.

Excellent.

In any case, there is no real need to necessarily use the whs skin, it's
just that I like the look of it and the fact that it's available as an
example.

> I did some small design changes on the krysalis-site and it took me
> hours with any aceptable result.

This is not nice :-/  Where in particular did you have problems?

> Frankly speaking table-style design is
> pretty much limited, so I prefer using a div based style later again.

That's exactly what we all would like to see.

David Crossley wrote:
 > Yes, i was intending to ask what happened to your "div based"
 > ideas. Please add a Jira issue to put it on the Forrest Roadmap.

http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-182

Please feel free to add comments to this issue with ideas, suggestions,
proceedings and notes.

It's now slated for 0.8 as it's not core for us ATM, but if you are
willing to work on it, there is no reason whatsoever for us not to put
it in 0.7 :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -