forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject [Skins] whs/lenya skin for 0.7
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:36:05 GMT
Hello devs,

I finished the first version of the lenya skin based on krysalis-site
skin. So we just have to change some color setting in the skinconf.xml
of the documentation.

Check the result under http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/proposal/.

I know it is not perfect but we switched form div to table-style design.

The plans on forrest are to maintain only two skins for 0.6. We want to
introduce a new third skin "whs" that is based on div-style design for 0.7.

The plan would be to help building the "whs/lenya" skin and go back to
divs in the lenya-site. We could use the old lenya-site and the whs skin
to build the div-style skin. That would help leveraging both projects.

I did some small design changes on the krysalis-site and it took me
hours with any aceptable result. Frankly speaking table-style design is
pretty much limited, so I prefer using a div based style later again.

WDYT?

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>

<@cocoon-WIKI>http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Scherler</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <http>http://www.target-x.de</http>
  <acronymfinder>http://www.acronymfinder.com</acronymfinder>
  <motto>
	"My task which I am trying to achieve is,
	by the power of the written word,
	[...] to make you see."
	*Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>