forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Skin names and skin cleaning
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:48:33 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>>> For the moment I have some enhancement questions about the
>>> krysalis-site skin.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to:
>>> - move the left logo a wee bit to the left
>>
>> Sure.
>>
> :)
>
> For all following comments where you just wrote "sure" the question raises:
> Should I make it an option in skinconf or should it apply directly in
> the xsl without reading a variable?

Just apply.

> I reckon a &nbsp; before the left logo would do the job (moving the logo
> a wee bit to the right). IMO I would not make it an option.

+1

>>> - move the right logo to absolute right (if no search box is activated)
>>
>> Sure.
>
> I reckon a <xsl:choose/> within the document2xhtml.xsl would do the job:
> - if the search box is disabled the colspan of the right logo would be
> +1 and align="right".
> - if the search box is disabled the <td> of the searchbox column would
> not be displayed.
> - if the search box is enabled the old style is applied.
>
> I am not sure about that one. We could implement it as option or asume
> that is the typical usecase. I do not have any preference on that!

Typical usecase.

>>> - desactivate the published notice on the top right
>>
>> Make it an option in skinconf.
>
> Actually lenya want to keep that ;-).
>
> ...but I can still make it an option if we want.

Then don't do unnecessary work ;-)

> BTW how to change the color of that note?
> It is white but I have not figured out where I can change that!
> If it is not an option so far it definitely should be.

I don't remember either, but in any case it should be colored by using
one of the skinconf-defined colors. Maybe you don't find it becasue it's
javascript...

>>> - desactivate the 'breadcrumb trail' of links
>>
>> Make it an option in skinconf.
>
> The same with the published notice -> lenya wants to keep it, but I can
> make it an option anyway. Just tell me our preference on that.

Let's just make options where we need them.

>>> - enhance the tab bar menu in terms of font size
>>> with configuration of the skinconf.xml.
>>
>> You can put some CSS in the extra-css, or simply make your version the
>> default one if it's nicer :-)
>
> The only thing I would enhance is that the tabs have border! That I
> would apply for the default one. ...and make an option
> <tab-border-color/>. Like you stated before better avoid extra (custom)
> code if we can make it configurable.

[Hmmm, have you seen that krysalis-site in SVN has the notion of color
profiles?]

Is it different from the usual border color?
If it's not possible to reuse one of the defined colors, add the needed one.

> One last thing:
> how can I change the link color from blue to black? Have not find the
> right option so far.

In the skin colors there is a link color attribute.

     <color name="body" value="#ffffff"  link="#0F3660"
                                         vlink="#009999"
                                         hlink="#000066"/>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -