forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Skin names and skin cleaning
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:54:20 GMT
Hi nicola,

 >> - desactivate the font size script
 >
 > I would prefer not to, it's an important part for accessibility.

...I had to because of the feedback in lenya-dev, so I started to patch
the skinconf.xsl:

I added
<!-- If true, the font size script will not be rendered -->
<xsl:if test="not(disable-font-script)">
  <disable-font-script>true</disable-font-script>
</xsl:if>

Then I added to site2xhtml.xsl
<!-- If true, the font size script will not be rendered -->
   <xsl:variable name="disable-font-script"
select="//skinconfig/disable-font-script"/>

The above mentioned patches where in skin/common.

Then I patched the site2xhtml.xsl of the krysalis-site like this:
<xsl:if test="$disable-font-script = 'false'">
	        Font size:
	          &#160;<input type="button" onclick="ndeSetTextSize('reset');
return false;" title="Reset text" class="resetfont" value="Reset"/>
	          &#160;<input type="button" onclick="ndeSetTextSize('decr');
return false;" title="Shrink text" class="smallerfont" value="-a"/>
	          &#160;<input type="button" onclick="ndeSetTextSize('incr');
return false;" title="Enlarge text" class="biggerfont" value="+a"/>
</xsl:if>

Last but not least I declared the disable-font-script element in the
skinconf.dtd to use it like follow in my skinconf.xml
<!-- If true, the font size script will not be rendered -->
   <disable-font-script>true</disable-font-script>

Now I can turn it on and off like I want :).

If you like I can open an issue for that and attach the patch.
...or I can commit that directly? I do not know whether we have feature
freeze for the new release, so just tell me what you prefer.

I will write more commands tomorrow.

thorsten

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>

<@cocoon-WIKI>http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Scherler</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <http>http://www.target-x.de</http>
  <acronymfinder>http://www.acronymfinder.com</acronymfinder>
  <motto>
	"My task which I am trying to achieve is,
	by the power of the written word,
	[...] to make you see."
	*Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>