forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Skin names and skin cleaning
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:38:01 GMT
[...]
>> Hmmm... then it's a whs-like internal layout with a krysalis-site-like
>> appearance.
>>
>> I really think that having an extra skin doesn't make sense in the
>> long run, but I do think that it totally makes sense that one of our
>> skins should be "skinnable" like this one.
>>
>> How far is
>>   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/
>> from
>>   http://www.exclupen.com/misc/forrest/xhtml-css/index.html
>> ?

[...]
I did not try to port the whs-0.5 to 0.6. I saw the layout but no
content. In the end I used the krysalis-site skin.

>> I mean, would it be ok for lenya to usr the whs skin with the current
>> lenya colors and the enhancements that we will pour in there from
>> current krysalis-site?

For the moment I have some enhancement questions about the krysalis-site
skin.

Is it possible to:
- move the left logo a wee bit to the left
- move the right logo to absolute right (if no search box is activated)
- desactivate the published notice on the top right
- desactivate the font size script
- move the build with forrest logo into the footer
- desactivate the 'breadcrumb trail' of links
- enhance the tab bar menu in terms of font size
with configuration of the skinconf.xml.

I would like to configure that from the skinconf.xml. If that is not
possible so far is that form interest to implement?

Or should I use for this parts an overriding custom xsl?

WDYT?

thorsten
--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>

<@cocoon-WIKI>http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Scherler</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <http>http://www.target-x.de</http>
  <acronymfinder>http://www.acronymfinder.com</acronymfinder>
  <motto>
	"My task which I am trying to achieve is,
	by the power of the written word,
	[...] to make you see."
	*Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>