forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project sitemap mount and copyless
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:12:16 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Currently we have reverted the copyless behaviour mainly because the
>>sitemaps in the project were not used by Forrest.
>>
>>To finish off copyless, I have put in place a conditional mount: Forrest
>>mounts the user sitemap before anything else if it's present.

... and it does not work like we want it to, as the mounted sitemap
blocks subsequent access to the base sitemap if it does not match.

I'll fix it by making a conditional check for every mount we do, and
this should fix it for the time being, but we really should think about
what we want to keep as a contract for sitemap extensibility for 0.7.

My impression is that we should only need to give users the possibility
of using a sitemap to generate extra source documents using Cocoon, and
nothing more. Any other customization would be something that touches
Forrest itself and should be done by actually changing Forrest.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -