forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing complexity within forrest xmaps
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:42:37 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Hi,
> I saw this code under the faq.xmap file, and It seems to be a common
> piece of code under our xmaps:
>
> <map:select type="exists">
>           <map:when
> test="{project:skins-dir}{forrest:skin}/xslt/html/{type}.xsl">
>             <map:transform
>           </map:when>
>           <map:otherwise>
>             <map:transform
> src="{forrest:context}/skins/{forrest:skin}/xslt/html/{type}.xsl">
>
> This code does not make sense for the War and webapp targets,

Really?

They are two different dirs AFAIK.

> and it
> adds complexity on the xmap. So I would like to remove the selector so
> skins are only under {forrest:context}

This can be reduced by using locationmaps, by creating a single code
part without selection.

The locationmap gives you the file to use and does the "selection"
beforehand, so this will *drastically* reduce our sitemap complexity.

I would also like to streamline the processing (no more
body-menu-whatever hack) by making the skin into a single xslt, which
can be done when transitioning to xhtml2.

Then we would need to clear all deprecated locations for images and
resources, and this is part of the standard directory layout definition.

In essence, most of the 0.7 and 0.8 goals are done so that we will
simplify the sitemap and make it easier to understand and maintain.

For now, I'm eager to finish fixing th ebugs for 0.6 :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -