forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Search capability, copyless and general indexing
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:07:19 GMT

On the site [1], I read this:

"
You can now build a Lucene search index by pointing your web browser at
http://localhost:8888/lucene-update.html. This generates the search
index and provides some information about the index generation process.
"

But I see that Cocoon generates the index in an Ant task. Are the docs
out of synch?

I'm asking this because i want to finish the copyless thing but I'm dead
ignorant on the serach stuff, so I need some information.

On the other hand, Forrest will always have the need to generate
indexes, like for example the index that forrestdoc does on the java
source. When we will put the source generation in Forrest in the future,
we will still need an index generation page, for the cross-references.

Would we want to have them generated by an Ant task always or by Cocoon?
Where should the indexes be put?

[1] http://forrest.apache.org/docs/searching.html

             - verba volant, scripta manent -