forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 21237
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:43:23 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>IIRC we are now not able to use user-defined catalogues anymore
>>(copyless issue).
>
> That is an "additional" catalog to supplement the main one.
>
> This inability to define a project catalog is the result
> of not doing the replacement of certain symbols anymore.
> We used to replace "@...@" strings in cocoon.xconf.
> So it is a bigger issue.

It's the result of the copyless behaviour, that shows deficiencies in
certain components, as they need to touch the cocoon.xconf values.

IIRC the catalogue is the only point that still would need this
replacement, but I'd rather do without it.

Any ideas about how it should alternatively be configured, *without*
needing to touch cocoon.xconf?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -