forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 21237 - in forrest/trunk/src/core/context: . WEB-INF resources/stylesheets
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:07:11 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
>> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>>> Why do we need a hard-code value tin this line?
>> Good question. I had forrest:stylesheets before but it seemed that the
>> stylesheet was not picked up. Don't ask me why, I really dunno. :-/
> Maybe I has to do with the ForrestConfModule.

I don't think so, as other substitutions work correctly.

> I would like to show you a
> way to mofidy values using xslt under ant.
> You can see it in a patch. But the summary is this one:
> We can pass the build time parameters using <param/> on the xstl task.
> Then use the value on the style sheet with <xsl:param/>
> so we would be able to create code like:
> <xsl:template match="whateve" mode="$target">
> Where target could be "site" "run" or "webapp
+  <target name="transform-cocoon" >
+     <xslt in="${forrest.home}/context/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf"
+      <param name="catalog"
+      <xmlcatalog refid="fcatalog"/>
+    </xslt>
+  </target>

In cocoon-transform.xsl":

   <xsl:template match="entity-resolver">
     <entity-resolver logger="core.resolver">
       <xsl:attribute name="name">catalog</xsl:attribute>
       <xsl:attribute name="value">
        <xsl:value-of select="$catalog"/>

I think this is a step backwards from 'copyless', and despite it solving
the catalogue issue, I would really prefer not to do it.

On the other hand, it solves the catalogue issue, and since we are
already copying a webapp, I'm ok for this to go in, but *only* to fix
the catalogue issue. If we use it for more, we will have much more
problems in finishing off copyless in 0.7.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -