forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Deploy 2 different site with 1 Forrest pub
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:26:00 GMT
Hello list,

I was wondering whether it is possible to have a forrest pub and deploy
2 different sites with that same pub.

I mean e.g. the www-lenya site contains the documentation and website
specific stuff. I consider them 2 different sites. In documentating ASF
projects with forrest I guess that is the regular usecase. IMO every
project should provide a documentation (site2) apart from the project
software as indepent piece.

...but still the project wants to include an online docu in their
webpage-structure. That makes:

          +- site1 (webpage specific stuff)
webpage -+
          +- site2 (documentation)

This makes for lenya:
www-lenya -+- site 1 (project information, installation, community)
            +- site 2 (documentation)

Like you see the documentation should be part of the actual website but
should be autonomous at the same time. I thought about something like to
copy and paste the relevant parts of site2 within the site-main.xml and
added it to the doc-dir as site-sub.xml. I would like use a different
tab-site2.xml within site2.

xdocs +-site1 stuff
       +-+docu
       | +-site(-sub).xml
       | +-tab(-site2).xml
       +-site(-main).xml
       +-tab.xml

My question is: Is there a better way to deploy the documentation apart
from the website as the described? ...or how could it be done a wee bit
smarter?

BTW the above mentioned aproach seems to work.
The only error that I get is:
X [0]images/apache-lenya-light.png BROKEN:
D:\get\forrest\src\core\context\...\images\apache-lenya-light.png (Die
Syntax f├╝r den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die
Datentr├Ągerbezeichnung ist falsch)

TIA!

King regards
thorsten

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>

<@cocoon-WIKI>http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Scherler</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <http>http://www.target-x.de</http>
  <motto>
	"My task which I am trying to achieve is,
	by the power of the written word,
	[...] to make you see."
	*Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>