forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move forrestbar out of Forrest?
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:17:08 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>Nicola Ken Barozzi dijo:
>>
>>>The ForrestBar is a toolbar for Mozilla that gives the user access to
>>>Apache resources. It's almost not known AFAIK, and kept only by me.
>>>
>>>IMHO it's not consistent with our new charter anymore, and jas never
>>>really been part of this project.
>>>
>>>For this, I propose that Forrest removes the forrestbar from it's svn
>>>space, in favor of moving it in the Apache committers module, where it
>>>can still serve it's purpose without erroneously being part of this
>>>project.
>>
>>Not sure. Can we launch a subproject of that.
 >>I mean in the same sense as forrestbot.

It's already a subproject, and on par with forrestbot from a source
perspective (@see our repo).

>> Perhaps now is not the best time for forrestbar, but I am sure
>>users will have interest in it later. Hidding it in Apache committers is
>>not the best way to show them the technology. There forrestbar will be
>>forgotten.

It's already there, and it's already forgotten.

> Yeah, not so fast. Can we talk about it before a vote.
>
> I must admit i have not used the forrestbar for a while
> but i like the concept. Going to try it again now - the
> docs do not explain its installation very well.

Just click on the link when using mozilla. That's all.

If you guys think that it's *not* out of scope with documentation
generation and do not want to see it go away, I'm ok with it.

I just don't want it to remain here just because it's there.

> The forrestbot is definitely a core part of Forrest,
> so it remains.

Of course, it's out of question.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -